The following ideas were submitted by Millie Wostratsky
and Judy Blum-Gower from West School, Willowbrook, Illinois.
Every year we've done themes like Western, Native American,
Multicultural, Olympics, etc. This year the theme is "Silly Summer
Sports". These are our stations:
1. Mosquito Tag - Taggers use grey pipe insulation
(soft foam) as
2. Flying Frisbees - Throwing frisbees and attempting
to hit summer
cutouts (surf board, beach
balls, etc.) at varying distances.
3. Hang Out Your Laundry - Relay -running to a
clothesline to hang
4. On Vacation Relay - Using sunglasses, towel, beach
5. Fling a Frog - Using frog beanbags on paddles,
trying to fling them out
into the field and land to a lily pad.
6. Beach Ball Volleyball - Inside so the wind isn't a
7. On a Picnic - The old sack race.
8. Gone Fishin' - Cooperative activity to fling a
cloth-stuffed fish off a
fling-it or 12' parachute to a
player on the 'bank' of the river.
9. Bubble Station
We usually end the field day with popsicles for all. This year we're also
going to do a staff event while the kids enjoy their popsicles.
We're going to have the staff use a giant sling-shot to sling water
balloons for distance.